Attention, please! The contest is now closed. The results will be announced after September 15, 2021.
Jewish Museum and Tolerance Center (Moscow)
Grant "Research in the Field of History and Culture of the Jews in Russia (Russia before Peter the Great,
Russian Empire, USSR and the former Soviet Union)" in 2021
The terms and conditions of the Grant:
- Grant amount: from 200 thousand rubles to 1.5 million rubles per year;
- The implementation period of the projects: from 1 to 3 years (the decision to renew the grant to each subsequent year is accepted on the basis of interim reports);
- Purposes: fundamental or applied research practices in the framework of the selected topic;
- Participants: contest of individual and group projects, announced for Russian and foreign researchers of history and culture of the Jews in Russia. Both individuals and legal persons (non-profit organizations) may apply to participate in the contest.
- Only a group of researchers or a legal person (non-profit organization) can qualify for the maximum grant amount of 1.5 million rubles per year, provided for 3 years.
The deadline for submission of applications: May 15, 2021.
Announcement of the contest results: September 15, 2021.
Applications are accepted in electronic format via Google forms, available through the link. Applications may be submitted both in Russian and in English.
Expected research results:
- Publication of an article following the research in one of the leading scientific journals (if the grant amount is from 200 to 500 thousand rubles, and the project realization term does not exceed one year);
- Preparation of a monograph text for publication (obligatory for the projects for more than a year and funding of more than 500 thousand rubles).
The process and criteria of selecting applications:
The applications will be assessed by members of the Expert Committee of the Research Center of the Jewish Museum in the following criteria:
- project novelty;
- significance of the expected scientific results;
- scientific and methodical proficiency of the project;
- appropriateness of the grant amount to the project objectives;
- previous research results of the applicant with respect to the topic.
The main stages of the Contest:
- February 2021 — opening of the contest;
- May 15, 2021 — deadline for submission of applications;
- September 15, 2021 — summary of the contest results;
- The deadlines for interim and final reports are to be determined separately for each project.
Contact person: Anastasia Deka