The Research Center library comprises over 4000 items on various subjects: Biblical studies, history of the Jewish people throughout different periods, Israeli studies, etc. A separate section is devoted to fiction literature and poetry in Yiddish and their translations from Yiddish.
Also, contemporary Jewish literature is presented. The collection includes some periodicals as well as studying materials (course books, dictionaries) for those who are interested in learning Hebrew and Yiddish. Visitors can get access to catalogues of art exhibitions that took place in the museum and art albums. The collection has books in a number of languages, among them Russian, Hebrew, Yiddish, English, German, Polish and some other.
A significant part of the library stock was donated from a private collection of Aron Vergelis, editor-in-chief of the magazine Sovetish Heimland, writer, poet and journalist. Besides, the library comprises antiquarian religious books and periodicals dating back as far as the 19th and start of the 20th centuries.
- General history of the Jewish people
- History of the Jewish people in the Middle Ages
- Contemporary history of the Jewish people
- Israeli studies: ancient and modern Israel
- World War II. Holocaust
- Fiction in Yiddish and translations from Yiddish into Russian
- Fiction in Hebrew
- Contemporary Jewish fiction
- Literary anthologies
- Literature studies
- Linguistics: textbooks on Yiddish and Hebrew, dictionaries
- Collections of scientific papers on Jewish studies
- Biblical studies
- Religious books
- Editions on art; сatalogues of museums and art exhibitions
- Culture. Theatre. Music
- Cultural and social studies. Anthropology
- Pre-revolutionary periodicals
- Contemporary periodicals
Donation of books and book-crossing
Research Center Library invites all those who would like to donate books to its fund. We will be happy to accept books referring to the specifics of our museum – the history of the Jewish people. Please kindly notice that we do not accept anti-Semitic and extremist literature.
If you would like to donate books irrelevant to our topical scope, you are welcome to participate in book-crossing. We have a special bookcase allocated for it. You can share your books with other readers and feel free to take any editions you like.
Please kindly contact the librarian to confirm the time of your visit.